Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Yesterday, Juan and I went to the Putnam Museum in Davenport with Syra and Sophia to see the Titanic Exhibit and IMAX movie. The exhibit was amazing. They had lots of items that have been recovered from the ship on display; like clothing, purses, and pieces of the ship. It was crazy to think that all of those things had sunk with the ship and have been found. They had a piece of ice to represent the temperature of the water the night it sank, and displays of rooms and cabins on the ship. Very cool to see what life was like on the ship. They gave you a boarding pass with a description of someone who was on the ship. My lady ended up not surviving, but the people that Juan, Syra, and Sophia had all survived. The IMAX movie showed clips from exploration crews that have been down to the ship and the robot cameras they have sent inside of the ship. That made it really come to life as so many part of the ship are still in tact. Then we ate lunch at Chili's before heading back home. I spent last evening planning the vacation to the badlands and Yellowstone that Juan and I are planning on taking at the end of June. I think I have all of our overnight stays mapped out now, just need to start making reservations at the campgrounds!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment